Looking for a delicious, healthy way to satisfy your sweet tooth? Look no further than Black Bean Avocado Brownies! These tasty treats are packed with nutrients and flavor, thanks to the combination of wholesome ingredients like black beans, avocados, cocoa powder, and almond flour. Whether you’re looking to satisfy your sweet tooth or simply want to enjoy a healthier alternative to traditional baked goods, Black Bean Avocado Brownies are definitely worth trying out. So grab your mixing bowl and let’s get baking!
Or try naturally gluten-free Vegan Chickpea Brownies.
Gluten Free and Protein-Packed: Why Everyone is Raving About Black Bean Avocado Brownies
These moist, ultra chocolatey brownies aren’t just gluten free, dairy free, and packed with protein and fiber. They’re also easy to make and perfect for sharing with friends or family. So why not give this flourless treat a try today and see just how delicious healthy can be?
Trending now: Protein Zucchini-Walnut Muffins with a vegan option.
The ingredients in healthy Black Bean Avocado Brownies
BLACK BEANS – Puréed black beans are at the heart of these super fudgy chocolate brownies. High in fiber and protein, you definitely can’t taste the black beans.
AVOCADO – Puréed avocado makes these healthy brownies incredibly creamy and velvety.
COCOA POWDER – unsweetened. If you want to make dark chocolate Black Bean Avocado Brownies, use half regular cocoa powder and half Dutched cocoa powder. The recipe also tastes great if you simply make it with regular cocoa powder.
GRANULATED SWEETENER OF CHOICE – Sugar or your preferred sweetener. For example, for fewer calories, opt for a sugar-free sweetener.
BAKING POWDER – adds some rise to this flourless dessert.
EGG OR VEGAN EGG
VANILLA EXTRACT – for flavor and aroma and to enhance the other flavors.
CINNAMON (optional) – goes exceptionally well with chocolate and adds a seductive aroma.
HEMP HEARTS or ALMOND FLOUR – Hemp hearts add a nutty and crunchy texture to these gluten-free brownies. If you don’t have any, just use almond flour.
WALNUTS (optional) – If you like adding nuts to your brownies, walnuts taste great in these.
GET YOUR FROSTING FIX WITH THIS AMAZINGLY HEALTHY & RICH CHOCOLATE FROSTING
CHOCOLATE-AVOCADO FROSTING – Black bean brownies are soft and fudgy to begin with. So topping this flourless delight with creamy, dairy-free Chocolate-Avocado Frosting makes them more gooey than ever. Half a recipe of this vegan frosting, i.e., 1 avocado suffices for frosting the brownies. But if you make the entire low-carb Chocolate-Avocado Frosting recipe, you can freeze any leftover chocolate frosting or enjoy this low-calorie, plant-based treat on its own as naturally dairy-free, keto, vegan chocolate-avocado mousse.
You might also love flourless Black Sesame Pie Crust.
How to Make the Perfect Batch of Fudgy Black Bean Avocado Brownies
To make Black Bean Avocado Brownies, start by preheating the oven to 350° F. Then, rinse and drain one can of black beans before adding them to a food processor along with one ripe avocado. Process until smooth.
Next, add in the cocoa powder, sweetener, baking powder, an egg (or flax egg for a vegan option), almond flour, vanilla extract, and the optional cinnamon and hemp hearts (or almond flour). Pulse until everything is well combined. Then stir in the optional walnuts.
Pour the batter into an 8 x 8 inch baking dish lined with parchment paper. Smooth out the top with a spatula before placing it in the oven for around 20–25 minutes or until set.
Let cool completely before slicing into squares and serving. These gluten-free chocolate brownies are perfect on their own or topped with chocolate-avocado frosting, fresh berries, nuts or ice cream.
Not only do these flourless brownies taste amazing but they also provide numerous health benefits such as aiding digestion due to high fiber content from both black beans and avocados. They also contain antioxidants that can help reduce inflammation in the body which may lead to several chronic illnesses like heart disease or cancer.
So next time you’re craving something sweet but want to keep things healthy, try making these delicious gluten-free Black Bean Avocado Brownies with wholesome ingredients. I hope you love them too!
Want to make brownies with chickpea flour? Try naturally grain-free Chickpea Flour Brownies.
Tools to make Black Bean Avocado Brownies
- 1 square 7-or-8-inch baking pan – Be sure to line the bottom with parchment paper and spray the sides with baking spray.
- Parchment paper – to line the bottom of the pan.
- 1 food processor or hand-held emulsion blender – to purée the black beans and avocado and to mix the brownie ingredients, so your Black Bean Avocado Brownies are ultra smooth and soft.
- 1 large mixing bowl – to mix the brownie ingredients if you’re using an emulsion blender.
Or try mouthwatering Sweet Potato Brownies.
How to store this healthy black bean avocado dessert
Place these grain-free, chocolate brownies in a sealed container and refrigerate for up to one week. They are also a great snack so enjoy them throughout the week as dessert or, for example, a hiking snack.
Can I freeze Black Bean Avocado Brownies?
Yes, definitely. Just put your gluten-free Black Bean Avocado Brownies in an airtight container and freeze for up to 2 months. I love keeping these luscious black bean brownies handy for a snack or excursion.
DID YOU MAKE THIS BLACK BEAN AVOCADO BROWNIE RECIPE?
I’d love to hear your feedback. Please leave a comment/star rating ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ below. And, of course, be sure to tag me on Instagram as I love seeing photos of the recipes you’ve made.
Fudgy Black Bean Avocado Brownies
- 1 Square 7 or 8 Inch Baking Pan
- parchment paper
- 1 Food processor or hand-held emulsion blender
- 1 Large Mixing Bowl to mix the brownie ingredients if you're using an emulsion blender.
- 1 15 oz Can Black Beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 Cup Pureed Avocado
- ¾ Cup Cocoa Powder For very dark brownies, use half Dutched cocoa powder and half regular cocoa powder.
- 1 Cup Sweetener of Choice
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Egg or Vegan Egg
- 3 Tablespoons Almond Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Teaspoon Cinnamon (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons Hemps Hearts or Almond Flour
- 1 Cup Walnuts (optional)
Optional Chocolate-Avocado Frosting Recipe
- Line baking pan.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Rinse and drain the black beans. Then add to a food processor.
- Add pureed avocado to food processor and blend well.
- Add in the cocoa powder, sweetener, baking powder, egg (or flax egg for a vegan option), almond flour, vanilla extract, and the optional cinnamon and hemp hearts (or almond flour). Pulse until everything is well combined.
- Then stir in the optional walnuts.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan lined with parchment paper. Smooth out the top with a spatula before placing it in the oven for around 15–20 minutes or until set.
- Let cool completely before slicing into squares and serving. These gluten-free chocolate brownies are perfect on their own or topped with chocolate-avocado frosting, fresh berries, nuts or ice cream.
- Refrigerate. The brownies will firm up some more in the refrigerator.
These brownies are really tasty. Great idea. We loved them.