This Keto Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie Recipe will blow you away! Deep, dark chocolate mingles with pecans in a sugar-free pie that’s almost like biting into a chocolate-pecan brownie. It’s also easy to make this gluten-free chocolate pie and it has fewer calories than you might think.
Trending now: Cranberry Curd Tart in an Almond Flour Pie Crust.
The holidays are fast approaching as I write this, so it’s time for a holiday pie. A pie everyone will love, especially my father who loves pecans. So I decided to start the holiday season off with a healthy spin on the classic American pecan pie and create my own take on the Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie.
It’s definitely a success! This pie gushes with so much flavor and texture. In fact, it’s hard to believe that this sugarfree chocolate pie is made with wholesome ingredients that you can enjoy guilt-free.
No butter – helps keep the saturated fat down
Opt out of sugar and make it 100% sugar free with monk fruit or erythritol
Made with nutritious, low-carb almond flour so it’s a naturally gluten-free chocolate pie
If you love chocolate as much as I do, try Keto Chocolate Bundt Cake.
How to make a healthy chocolate chip pecan pie
You’re probably wondering what’s in my pie. Well, I’ll tell you. Apart from dark, Dutched cocoa powder, the Keto Chocolate Pie Crust contains tasty, low-carb almond flour instead of high-carb, all-purpose flour. You might not know this but almond flour actually has a glycemic index that’s under one. In other words, it won’t drive up your glucose. So, this gluten-free chocolate pie is also diabetic-friendly.
You can make this recipe with refined sugar, but I always use zero-calorie monk fruit in my recipes. If you’re not familiar with monk fruit, it’s a natural sugar replacement that doesn’t have an aftertaste. It actually approximates sugar so well that no ever knows that they’re eating a sugar substitute. Another great thing about monk fruit is that your pie won’t have any calories from sugar.
So, it should come as no surprise that sugar-free dark chocolate chips are also in this pie.
Lastly, I’m not a fan of butter and instead use heart-healthy avocado. So, if you haven’t tried baking with avocados before, you need to try it. Avocados aren’t just an excellent butter replacement from a nutritional standpoint. They also make cake batter, pie filling and frosting super moist and silky. In fact, avocados are really the ultimate dairyfree and paleo-friendly butter substitute.
What sugar-free Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie tastes like
This Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie vanished in less than an hour in my household. It’s a real winner – a true chocolate lover’s dream! It’s really a double-chocolate pie, since the pecans and dark chocolate chips are in a dark chocolate pie crust.
The texture gets its subtle crunch from the luscious blend of pecans, melted dark chocolate chips and gooey dark chocolate chunks that grace the top of the pie.
This pie also isn’t overloaded with sugar. Instead, I keep the sweetener down, letting the tasty dark chocolate flavor prevail. In fact, this mouthwatering pie could almost be called a dark chocolate-pecan brownie.
What to serve with Keto Chocolate Pecan Pie
To complement the sumptuous dark chocolate, I recommend serving this pie with a scoop of sugar-free vanilla or butter-pecan ice cream which adds some sweet to the pie. But you don’t have to stop there. You can melt a dark chocolate bar and drizzle it over the pie or over the ice cream. Everyone will be impressed!
Puréed avocado – takes the role of butter in this pie.
Brown granulated sweetener of choice – opt for monk fruit or erythritol for zero calories
A dash of salt
Dark chocolate chips – I used sugar-free dark chocolate chips.
How to make Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie
Here is a summary with photos. You’ll find a Recipe Card with full instructions below.
1. Make the Dark Chocolate Pie Crust pictured or make it with a vanilla Almond Flour Pie Crust. Let the pie crust cool before adding the filling. By the way, you can make the pie crust the night before. If you do, refrigerate it in an airtight container or cover with plastic wrap.
2. Mix together the puréed avocado, eggs, brown sweetener, vanilla, cinnamon and salt. Then stir in the pecans and chocolate chips. Next pour the filling into the pre-baked pie crust.
3. Then decorate with pecans, dark chocolate chips and dark chocolate chunks, and bake for about 30 minutes.
And – drumroll – here it is: Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie!
Enjoy a slice nude or topped with sugar-free ice cream and sugar-free chocolate sauce. Either way, the pie tastes incredible.
As for ice cream, my favorite is monk-fruit sweetened butter-pecan ice cream by Enlightened. It’s pictured below.
Equipment needed to make this pie
- 1 pie pan – a 9.5-inch Pyrex glass pie dish or a 9-inch standard aluminum pie pan.
- 1 immersion blender or food processor to purée the avocado
- 1 bowl
- 1 mixing spoon
How to store keto chocolate pecan pie
To store: Refrigerate the pie in an airtight container or covered with plastic wrap for up to 4 days.
To freeze: This pie freezes well in a sealed container or wrapped in plastic for up to 2 months.
Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie – Easy & Healthy!
- 1 Pyrex glass pie dish or standard aluminum 9-inch pie pan.
- 1 food processor or immersion blender to puree the avocado
- 1 Bowl
- 1 Mixing spoon
- 1 cup Pureed avocado 1 large avocado or 207 grams of pureed avocado
- 2 Eggs
- ¼ cup Brown granulated sweetener I use 48 grams of brown monk fruit.
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon Cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 2 cups Chopped pecans 196 grams
- 4 ounces Dark Chocolate Chips 114 grams
The Topping – Place On Top Before Baking
- ½ cup Whole pecans 49 grams
- Dark Chocolate Chips (Optional) Sprinkle some dark chocolate chips on top.
- Dark Chocolate Chunks (Optional) Break up a dark chocolate bar and place some pieces on top of the pie for that gooey, melted chocolate look.
- Make 1 Keto Chocolate Pie Crust (link is in the notes below) and let it cool.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Combine 1 cup pureed avocado, 2 eggs, ¼ cup brown granulated sweetener, 2 teaspoons vanilla, ¼ teaspoon cinnamon and ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Stir in 2 cups of chopped pecans and 4 ounces of dark chocolate chips.
- Pour filling into pie crust.
- Create a design or sprinkle whole pecans, dark chocolate chips and optional dark chocolate chunks on top.
- Bake at 350 for 25-35 minutes, or until the center of your pie is set.
- Let it cool for at least 1 hour before serving.