This easy Keto Lemon Poppy Seed Bundt Cake recipe is heavenly, topped with a sugarfree lemon glaze and raspberries.
This is the ultimate healthy lemon poppy seed bundt cake but if you like citrus desserts, you might also like my Keto Orange Angel Food Cake and if you love bundt cakes, check out my Keto Chocolate Bundt Cake.
I love baking bundt cakes especially in beautiful pans which make decorating a lot easier. You can, for example, simply sprinkle powdered sweetener on a bundt cake, but I can rarely stop at that.
Pro tips for a perfect bundt cake
- Use a quality nonstick bundt pan: I recommend Nordic Ware’s premium nonstick bundt pans for a number of reasons. Firstly, they are made of cast aluminum which heats evenly for perfect cake texture and color. Secondly, they come in a number of stunning designs such as the model I used for my cake: the Nordic Ware Heritage Bundt Pan.
- Prep the pan: For glutenfree baking with almond flour, I recommend brushing your nonstick pan with butter or grease.
- Don’t overbake your cake: Overbaking leads to drying. Make sure you remove your cake from the oven when a knife or skewer comes out clean. If you bake a lot of bundts, you might want to pick up Nordic Ware’s Bundt Cake Thermometer, since the tip turns red when the cake is done.
- Cooling is also important: Cool in pan for 10 minutes only. Any longer than 10 minutes and the sugars start to cool and can start to stick to the pan.
- Clean your bundt pan properly: Baking sprays can leave a residue that builds up and turns into a sticky cake glue that, in fact, refuses to let go of your cake sponge. So, it is important to always clean your bundt pan properly. Regardless of whether I use butter or baking spray, I wash my Nordic Ware bundt pans with Dawn Powerwash Spray after every bake. Specifically, I apply the Powerwash Spray directly to pan, no water, and let it stand 10 minutes. Then I wipe it off or, if necessary, scrub the pan well with a plastic or nylon bristled brush, and finally rinse with hot water.
The ingredients for keto lemon poppy seed bundt cake
- Almond flour – fine, blanched
- Granulated sweetener – I use natural, zero-calorie sugar replacements such as monk fruit.
- Baking powder
- Poppy seeds
- Avocado oil or puréed avocado – If you use puréed avocado, the batter will turn green but this will fade during baking and give the cake a dark yellow or golden yellow tone.
- Yogurt – I use non-fat Greek yogurt or sour cream.
- Vanilla extract
- Lemon juice – fresh squeezed
- Lemon extract – enhances the flavor
- Powdered sweetener – To make the lemon glaze, I use powdered monk fruit which has 0 calories, 0 carbs, and a glycemic index of 0. If you don’t have powdered sweetener, it’s easy to make some: Just pulverize granulated sweetener in the food processor for a few seconds and you’ll have powdered sweetener.
How to make keto lemon poppy seed bundt cake
1. Preheat oven to 350F and whisk together almond flour, baking powder, poppy seeds and salt.
2. Combine avocado oil or puréed avocado, eggs, granulated sweetener, yogurt, vanilla extract, lemon juice and lemon extract.
3. Add dry ingredients to wet and mix. The flavor of lemons and lemon extracts varies, so check whether the batter is sweet enough.
4. Pour into prepared bundt pan and bake 40-55 minutes.
The sugarfree lemon glaze & fruit topping
It doesn’t get easier than this lemon glaze. Simply mix lemon juice into powdered sugar until desired sweetness and consistency is attained. Then drizzle glaze onto cake.
Top with raspberries or another fruit or berry, if desired.
- Does the color of a bundt pan matter? Yes, it does. Dark metal pans can, in fact, brown the outside of a cake too quickly.
- Why are some bundt pans heavier? Some are made of aluminum while others are made of cast aluminum which distributes heat more evenly.
- What cakes are best for a bundt pan? Moist, dense cakes.
- What is a keto bundt cake? It is a sugar-free, low-carb cake made with healthy ingredients such as almond flour.
- What is the best brand of almond flour? I’m very happy with the price and quality of Kirkland’s almond flour.
- What are the best keto cake recipes? My favorite recipes are orange angel food cake, chocolate bundt cake and this keto lemon poppy seed bundt cake.
- How many ounces are in a cup? There are 8 ounces in a cup.
Kitchen equipment for keto lemon poppy seed bundt cake
- Electric hand mixer or stand mixer
- 1 10-12 Cup Bundt Cake Pan
How to store your keto lemon poppy seed bundt cake
To store: Store the cake for 1 day covered at room temperature. Otherwise, refrigerate for up to 4 days in an airtight container.
To freeze: Freeze in an airtight plastic bag or sealed container for up to 3 months. This cake freezes well.
Other popular keto recipes
- Keto Chocolate Bundt Cake
- Keto Lemon Poppy Seed Angel Food Cake
- Keto Orange Angel Food Cake
- No-Bake Keto Chocolate-Chip Almond Cookies
Keto Lemon Poppy Seed Bundt Cake │ THE RECIPE
- 1 10-12 Cup Bundt Cake Pan
- 3 cups almond flour
- 1 cup granulated sweetener
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 3 Tbsp poppy seeds
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup avocado oil Or 1/2 cup pureed avocado – the batter will turn green but this will fade during baking and give the cake a dark yellow or golden yellow color.
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup yogurt or sour cream There is a slight difference in flavor between the two. Yogurt will reduce the saturated fat in the recipe.
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1-2 tsp lemon extract
- 2-3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugarfree powdered sweetener
- Preheat oven to 350 and whisk together almond flour, granulated sweetener, baking powder, poppy seeds and salt. Tip: Sift the almond flour for a fluffier cake.
- Mix together unsalted butter, avocado oil or pureed avocado, eggs, yogurt, vanilla extract, lemon juice and lemon extract.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and mix.
- The flavor of lemons and lemon extracts varies, so check whether the batter is sweet enough.
- Pour into well-buttered or greased bundt pan and bake 40-55 minutes until a knife or toothpick comes out clean.
- Add lemon juice to powdered sweetener and mix until desired sweetness and consistency is attained. Drizzle glaze onto bundt cake.
- Top with raspberries or another fruit or berry, if desired.