Last updated May 24, 2022
We respect the privacy of children and “child” means an individual under the age of 13. All information and content on this website is intended for individuals over the age of 18. Children under the age of 13 are prohibited from using this website. We do not knowingly collect, use or disclose personal information from children under the age of 13 without prior parental or guardian consent. If you believe any personal information is collected from someone under the age of 13 without parental or guardian consent, then please contact us to have that information deleted.
What information we collect and how it is used
When you access the website, you may provide certain personally identifiable information including but not limited to your name, email address, phone number, address, avatar image, credit card information when you make a purchase on the website.
This information is collected when you register on the site, place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, contact us, use the search feature on the website, provide comments or any other feedback, fill out a form or enter any other information on the website to communicate with us. From time to time, we may also collect information that you submit when you participate in any online surveys that we may post on our website.
Your personal information is used to personalize your experience, improve the website to better serve you, provide customer service support, efficiently process your requests or transactions, tailor advertisements to you, elicit reviews of services or products, provide you offers, promotions and to follow up with you through correspondence (email or phone). We may also use this information to provide you offers and promotions from our partners and/or our affiliates in exchange for a commission without additional cost to you.
Additionally, like other websites, this website automatically collects certain information about you through Log Data and Google Analytics. Log Data is information about your computer’s Internet Protocol Address, which is your “IP” address, browser information, Internet Service Provider’s information, your operating system, and your browser type. Similarly, Google Analytics collects certain information about your location, browsing history, the pages you visit, the equipment you used to access the website, traffic patterns, and other general patterns related to your use of the website.
This information is used to analyze website statistics related to user behavior and interests, improve our performance and your use of the website and to further enhance our products and services offered to you.
Comments and social media
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue. When you leave a comment, your name, email address and website/organization name is not shared with a third party and may be used to communicate with you.
Social media accounts and sharing options are available on this website. Social media sites (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, and so forth) can track your personal information. Should you choose to interact with us on social media, please note that you will be voluntarily disclosing that personal information. This information is no longer private. It becomes public information and can be collected and used by others. We have no control over and take no responsibility for the use, storage or dissemination of such publicly-disclosed personal information by you.
Any such interactions via comments and social media with us do not subject us to any kind of liability related to misuse of your information by others.
When you leave a comment on our website, you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment.
If you have an account and you log in to this website, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
This information is only collected to better serve and understand your user experience on the website. You have the option of turning off cookies on your computer should you wish to do so. If you choose to do that, you may not be able to view all the features and content of this website.
Use of web beacons and pixels
We may use social media pixels to track and collect general information about your use in compliance with different social media sites (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) for the purpose of promoting products, tracking conversions, remarketing, running target advertisements and so forth.
Third parties like Facebook may use their own cookies, web beacons and other technologies to collect and receive information from our website for the purpose of providing target advertisements. You may see our ads on Facebook after you have visited our website.
Third-party links and use
We have no control over these third parties and they have their own privacy policies. Neither are we responsible for the activities and practices of these third parties. You should contact them directly and read their privacy policies for any questions. You also agree that your use of these third-party websites is solely at your risk.
Disclosure of your information
As a general rule, we do not disclose your personal information to third parties without your consent with the exception of the following circumstances:
- We may disclose your information to our trusted third parties that work with us such as our website hosting partners, email marketing service provider, other service providers that assist in the operation of the website, and any other affiliates and subsidiaries we rely upon to provide you products and services offered here.
- We may disclose your information in order to comply with state or federal regulations related to copyright infringement lawsuits or any other legal claims related to the website.
Detailed information on the processing of your data
The service providers we use may have access to your personal data. These third-party vendors collect, store, use, process and transfer information about your activity on our service in accordance with their privacy policies.
We may use third-party service providers to monitor and analyze the use of our service.
We may use service providers to show advertisements to you to help support and maintain our service.
We do not envision offering goods or services to individuals living in the European Union as outlined in the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
If you are in the European Union and opt-in to receive any of our free products or services and/or purchase any products or services through our website then you will be subscribed to receive our free email newsletter once you affirmatively consent to it. Please see the Opt-Out section below should you wish to “unsubscribe” and not receive any emails from us.
But if you are NOT in the European Union then you will be automatically subscribed to receive our free email newsletter once you opt-in to receive any of our free products or services and/or purchase any products or services through our website. Please see the Opt-Out section below should you wish to “unsubscribe” and not receive any emails from us.
We may use email marketing service providers such as Mailchimp to manage and send emails to you.
We comply with the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 and do not spam or send misleading information. Should you wish to no longer receive communication from us, you have the option of unsubscribing by clicking “unsubscribe” at the bottom of the email we send to you or by contacting us.
As for third party websites, please contact them directly to unsubscribe and/or opt-out from their communications.
We are in compliance with the GDPR along with the email marketing service we use to collect your data.
Your right under the GDPR
Under the GDPR, if you are within the European Union, you are entitled to certain rights and information listed below.
We will retain any information you choose to provide to us until the earlier of:
- You ask us to delete the information by sending a request to email@example.com. Please note that such requests may result in you no longer being able to access paid or free content previously provided to you.
- Our decision to cease using our existing data providers.
- The company decides to no longer be in business or continue to offer the services.
- The data is no longer needed to provide you service, is too costly to maintain further retention, or the company finds it outdated.
The company undertakes to respect the confidentiality of your personal data and to guarantee you can exercise your rights.
- Request access to your personal data. The right to access, update or delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your personal data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you. This also enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. You have the right to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Right to seek restrictions on the processing of your data. You have the right to seek restrictions on the processing of your data. When you restrict the processing of your data, we can store your data but cannot process it further.
- Object to processing of your personal data. This right exists where we are relying on a legitimate interest as the legal basis for our processing and there is something about your particular situation, which makes you want to object to our processing of your personal data on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- Request erasure of your personal data. You have the right to ask us to delete or remove personal data when there is no good reason for us to continue processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data. We will provide to you, or to a third-party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Please note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw your consent at any time. You have the right to withdraw your consent on using your personal data. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide you with access to certain specific functionalities of the service.
- Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority about our collection and use of your personal data. For more information, if you are in the European Economic Area (EEA), please contact your local data protection authority in the EEA
You may exercise your rights of access, rectification, cancellation and opposition by contacting us. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests. If you make a request, we will try our best to respond to you as soon as possible.
Legal basis for processing personal data under GDPR
We may process Personal Data under the following conditions:
- Consent: You have given your consent for processing personal data for one or more specific purposes.
- Performance of a contract: Provision of personal data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with you and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Legal obligations: Processing personal data is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the company is subject.
- Vital interests: Processing personal data is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or of another natural person.
- Public interests: Processing personal data is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the company.
- Legitimate interests: Processing personal data is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the company.
In any case, the company will gladly help to clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing, and in particular whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract.
Your right under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA compliance)
If you reside in California, you are entitled to additional rights under California law and we ensure compliance with the CCPA. Here are your rights:
- You have the right to know whether your personal information is sold or disclosed to third parties.
- You have the right to say no to the sale of your personal information.
- You also have the right to access your personal information, which we will provide within 30 days of such request.
- You have the right to have your personal information deleted.
- You have the right to equal service, price and no discrimination.
- You have the right to data portability and right to request your personal information and use it for your own purposes.
Pursuant to California’s “Shine the Light Act,” you are permitted to request information about the manner in which we share certain categories of information with third parties for their marketing use. We may disclose your personal information to our affiliates or other related third parties such as service providers, vendors for their use in marketing to you, so we can provide the products and/or services offered on this website to you. When we disclose such information, your personal information is still kept confidential and between us and that third party. It is not used for any other purpose that’s not permitted under the laws.
Please be advised we DO NOT SELL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION to third parties and have never sold your personal information. We do not intend to sell your personal information in the future either.
Under the CCPA, you still have the right to opt-out of such sales and send us a “do not sell my information” request. If you would like to exercise any of your rights under California law, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only you as the person registered with the California Secretary of State can make such verifiable consumer requested related to your personal information or someone you authorize to act on your behalf.
Your verifiable consumer request must provide sufficient information that allows us to verify that you are the person you are claiming to be or that you are the authorized representative of such person about whom we had collected personal information. You must describe your request with enough details such as your first and last name, address and your country that allow us to properly understand the request and respond to it. Please note we cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information unless we first verify your identity or authority to make such a request and confirm that the personal information relates to you. We will make all attempts to respond to your request within 30 days of receipt.
The security of your personal information is important to us, and we strive to follow generally commercial industry standards to protect your personal information submitted to us voluntarily and automatically. However, no method of transmission over the internet is 100% secure and we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information. When you make a credit card purchase or purchase through any means on the website, you will be directed to a third-party vendor to complete the transaction. Any information you provide during the checkout process is not stored on our website but instead provided to the third-party vendor that completes the purchase transaction.
By using this website, you agree to hold us harmless for any security breach and for any unauthorized use of your personal information by third parties. You also agree that we cannot be held responsible for any disclosure of your information through our website without our knowledge and consent.