This keto marzipan recipe isn’t just easy to make. It’s sugarfree and tastes amazing. Enjoy this sweet treat on its own or dipped in chocolate. If you’re a fan of almonds, you’re bound to like this almond-packed treat.
If you haven’t heard of marzipan before, it’s an aromatic almond confection that’s very popular in Europe, the Middle East and Latin America.
I’m familiar with it because my German relatives love marzipan. In fact, my grandmother in Germany used to make it. In my version, however, I make one big change. I take out the refined sugar and instead use 0-calorie monk fruit sweetener.
Why I’m in love with keto marzipan
With only 5 ingredients, it’s very easy to make. Marizpan is also highly nutritious since it mainly consists of almonds. The sugarfree version is, in other words, a very healthy snack. Moreover, if you love chocolate, you can opt for the decadent chocolate-covered version which I make with sugarfree dark chocolate.
The ingredients for keto marzipan
- Blanched almond flour – These cookies mainly consist of nutrient-rich almond flour.
- Powdered sugar of choice – I use Lakanto Powdered Monk Fruit Sweetener.
- Almond extract – gives it a pronounced almond flavor.
- Rose water – The scent of rose water takes marzipan up a notch. I would like to point out that you can make marzipan with store bought food grade rose water or homemade rose water. Below I explain how to make homemade rose water.
- 1 egg white – Vegans instead can use water.
- 1 sugarfree dark chocolate bar (optional) – I use a sugarfree Bake Believe Dark Chocolate Bar. I have also made this with Lily’s Dark Chocolate Baking Bar.
How to make easy keto marzipan
1. Pulse the ingredients in a food processor or mix by hand.
2. Next, shape into loaf or roll it out to make cookies.
3. Lastly, dunk in chocolate, if desired.
How to store this dessert
To store: Store as a loaf wrapped in plastic wrap or store as cookies in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
To freeze: Freeze in a sealed container for up to 3 months.
Other popular keto recipes
- Keto Chocolate Bundt Cake – The BEST Recipe Ever!
- Keto Chocolate-Walnut Cookies
- Healthy Pumpkin Tart with Yogurt
- Keto Orange Indian Spice Cake
Easy Keto Marzipan | THE RECIPE
- 1.5 cups blanched almond flour
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar of choice (up to 1 1/4 cups if you like your marzipan really sweet) I use Lakanto Powdered Monk Fruit Sweetener
- 2 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp rose water (or water) To make homemade rose water, remove the petals from 1 rose. Put them in a pan and cover them with water. Boil. Simmer 20 minutes and drain.
- 1 egg white Vegans can instead just add 1-2 Tbs water
If you want to dip it in chocolate
- 1 sugarfree dark chocolate bar I use Lily’s Dark Chocolate Baking Bar (58% cocoa, steviasweetened)
- Pulse the ingredients in a food processor or mix by hand. I like to make very sweet marzipan and then dunk it in dark chocolate. The dark chocolate offsets the sweetness.
- With a spoon or fingers, knead the dough and press it together.
- Shape it into a log and wrap it in plastic wrap. Refrigerate. It will firm up so you can slice it.
- Sprinkle some powdered sugar on your work surface. Roll out the dough and use fruit or cookie cutters to cut shapes in the dough. Place the pastries in a storage container with a lid and refrigerate for a few hours until firm.
- After it has been refrigerated for a few hours, dunk the log or the pastries into melted chocolate and then place on wax paper until the chocolate hardens (about 1-2 hours).
- I melted the Lily’s chocolate bar in a small bowl and with some small spoons I dunked the marzipan in the chocolate.