If you’re a fan of cookies, then you know that nothing beats the classic chocolate chip cookie. But what if we told you there was a way to make them even better? Enter double chocolate chip pecan cookies with mint chocolate chips and almond flour – and they’re gluten-free!
Indulge in the ultimate Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies with Mint and Almond Flour
This chocolate chip pecan cookie recipe is an absolute delight for anyone who loves a little bit of crunch in their sweets. The addition of pecans adds to the nutty flavor while still maintaining the rich chocolaty taste that we all love.
You might also like Protein Zucchini Walnut Muffins.
Get ready for a flavor explosion: Mint & Chocolate
Moreover, rather than simply using chocolate chips, we opted to use mint chocolate chips and give these cookies a refreshing twist that will leave your taste buds dancing with joy.
You are still welcome to make this recipe with dark, semisweet or milk chocolate chips. Cinnamon chocolate chips or white chocolate chips also taste delicious in these double chocolate pecan cookies.
Trending now: Protein Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with these irresistible Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies infused with almond flour
And who could forget the almond flour? These cookies are made with almond flour instead of regular flour, so they are naturally gluten free. This not only makes them safe for those who have celiac disease or gluten sensitivity but also adds a mild, delightful nuttiness to the dough.
THE INGREDIENTS YOU’LL NEED
EGG OR FLAX EGG – If you haven’t made a flax seed egg before, I highly recommend trying it, especially if you don’t want the cholesterol of an egg. Moreover, the flax seed melds beautifully with the other ingredients.
ALMOND FLOUR – Use fine, blanched almond flour – not coarse almond meal.
GRANULATED SWEETENER OF CHOICE – Sugar or your favorite sugar replacement. If you use a sugar replacement such as monk fruit, the cookies will be keto.
COCOA POWDER – I usually use 2 tablespoons of organic cocoa powder and a 1/2 tablespoon of dark Dutched cocoa powder, but either is fine on its own too.
BAKING POWDER – adds some volume.
ALMOND BUTTER – adds more heart-healthy almond power to the recipe. Moreover, almonds are packed with magnesium which helps lower blood pressure.
OIL – a neutral oil such as avocado, canola or vegetable oil.
MILK OF CHOICE – I use unsweetened almond milk which has barely any calories.
PECANS – add crunch, flavor, and pack a punch of protein, healthy fats and fiber.
MINT CHOCOLATE CHIPS OR YOUR FAVORITE CHOCOLATE CHIPS – If you’re on a keto or sugar-free diet, opt for sugar-free chocolate chips. I love making these double chocolate cookies with dark chocolate mint chips. This really intensifies the cookies’ deep, dark chocolate flavor while the mint adds an exciting spark to these cookies. But you can also make the recipe with regular dark, semisweet, milk chocolate or white chocolate chips – or even cinnamon chocolate chips which pair beautifully with pecans.
Equipment to make Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- A bowl – to mix the dough
- A mixing spoon or hand mixer or stand mixer
- A tablespoon or cookie scoop or ice cream scoop
- A large nonstick baking sheet or a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
How to make Double Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies
Now that you have the ingredients ready, let’s make these naturally gluten-free cookies! Here’s how you can whip up Double Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies:
1. If you aren’t using an egg, then make the vegan flax egg first. Combine 3 tablespoons of water with 1 tablespoon of flax seed meal and give it at least 10 minutes to gel.
2. Mix the dry ingredients.
3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix.
4. Stir in the pecans and chocolate chips.
5. Roll the dough into a ball in your hands or use a cookie scoop or ice cream scoop and place cookie on a non-stick cookie sheet or on parchment paper. Tip: If the dough sticks to your hands, simply wet your hands a bit. That will prevent the dough from sticking.
6. Use a fork or glass and press down on the cookies. If the grain-free dough sticks to the fork, just wet the fork.
7. Then bake at 325 for 10-12 minutes until the bottom is lightly browned. Note: It’s important to only slightly brown the bottoms, so the Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies are soft and chewy. When the cookies first come out of the oven, they are a bit fragile. So, let them cool for a few minutes before moving them.
And there you have it – delicious double chocolate chip pecan cookies with mint and almond flour!
Or indulge in Flourless Chocolate Kahlua Cake.
Common questions about Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies
No, almond flour has a mild flavor, so you can definitely taste the pecans in these cookies.
Yes, just make this grain-free recipe. Since there’s no butter in this recipe, it contains barely any cholesterol or saturated fat. Moreover, almonds and pecans are high in iron and protein, and each cookie boasts 5 grams of protein. Finally, try a zero-calorie sugar replacement to reduce the carbs and calories of regular sugar.
Yes, you can use avocado oil in place of other oils in your recipes.
How to store grain-free Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies
To store: As long as it’s not super hot in your home, you can leave these naturally gluten-free cookies on the counter in a sealed container or plastic bag for 2 days. After that refrigerate them. They are best eaten within 5 days. Tip: I usually put a 3-day supply in the refrigerator and freeze the rest.
To freeze: Put these grain-free cookies in a sealed container or plastic bag and store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Other popular healthy snack & dessert recipes
- Healthy Peanut Butter Chocolate-Chip Cookies
- Keto Chocolate-Chip Almond Cookies (NO BAKE)
- Easy Keto Marzipan Cookies
- Protein Zucchini-Walnut Muffins
Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies with Mint and Almond Flour
- 1 Mixing Spoon or Stand Mixer or Electric Mixer
- 1 Tablespoon or Cookie Scoop or Ice Cream Scoop to form the cookies
- 1 Nonstick Baking Sheet or Use Parchment Paper
- 1 Tablespoon Flax Seed Meal or 1 Egg
- 1 ¼ Cup Almond Flour
- ½ Cup Granulated Sweetener of Choice
- 2½ Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ Cup Almond Butter
- ¼ Cup Neutral Oil (avocado, canola, vegetable)
- ¼ Cup Milk of Choice I use unsweetened almond milk.
- ¾ Cup Mint Chocolate Chips You can add up to 1 cup of mint chocolate chips.
- ¾ Cup Pecans (optional)
- If you aren't using an egg and want to make a vegan flax egg, then make it first. Combine 3 tablespoons of water with 1 tablespoon of flax seed meal and give it a few minutes to gel.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients: almond flour, sweetener, cocoa powder, baking powder.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients: egg or flax egg, almond butter, oil, milk of choice.
- Stir in ½ cup mint chocolate chips and ½ cup chopped pecans.
- Use a tablespoon or cookie scoop or ice cream scoop to scoop the cookie dough. If you use your hands and the dough sticks to your hands, simply wet them. Roll the dough into a ball and place on a non-stick cookie sheet or on parchment paper.
- Use a fork or glass and press down on the cookies. Wetting the fork will keep the dough from sticking.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 350 for 10-12 minutes until bottom is lightly browned. When you take the cookies out of the oven, they will be a bit fragile. Give them a few minutes to cool before moving them. Let them cool fully. Eat them fresh or freeze them.